- I got an Apple Watch and new tennis shoes. I have been walking little over a mile a day some days a mile and a half. I have not changed my eating and I am still down about 6 pounds. Feels pretty good. Prepping for NYC trip in December. I want to be down a clothing size from a 3x to a 2x so I can buy this north face jacket that I want but it only goes to s 2x. Motivation. Also there will be a lot of walking in NYC and I wanna not be so dead and out of breath doing it.
- I’ve been sick. I got this terrible sinus/chest congestion cold on like Tuesday night. Went to work with no voice on wednesday coughing, yet felt okay. Wednesday night I had a fever and went walking in the rain anyway… then slept terrible if at all. Reluctantly stayed home Thursday miserable all day. No walk just a fever and all the fun that comes with that. Friday small improvement but still running a fever so I stayed home AGAIN. Today, no fever, just congested and running nose, coughing. Yet I finally feel good enough to start a load of laundry and do some dishes.
- Still loving my job. It’s hard playing catch up from being unemployed. I feel like I’m only paying bills with my entire paycheck then scraping to do fun things, like buying an apple watch. Lol.
- Been really in to personal and professional development. I wanna better myself so that when the time comes and “the one” come in my life I can be the best version of Kyra that is possible for him. I will except that he works hard on himself to be the best version of him that he can be so why should I not do the same.
- Trying to lose weight still. Not really following WW but not going crazy either. I am like 65% health food 35% modernly healthy and 10% junk food. Everything in moderation? I think. I am working on portion control mostly.
- Kim K becoming a lawyer sickens me to the core. I nearly killed myself going to law school twice she skips it and just studies for the bar like its nothing. If she passes then I am going to take the Bar, cuz obviously I am a better more experienced learner than she is. Am I smarter? I don’t know. I like to think so but I can’t say.
- Law school teaches you to pass the bar, not be a lawyer. Would I be a good lawyer? Yes. Litigator? No. I wanted a law degree because I thought it was the most attainable yet high educational standard I could accomplish. I wanted it for the name. I wanted it for that JD after my name. I wanted the perception of what a law degree brings on you. And I put my self worth in to my ability to become a lawyer.
- Guess what, I’m not cut out to be a lawyer by the American standard of becoming a lawyer. I am not a good test taker and my intelligence can not be captured by the exams they are give. Am I still valued as a person? Hell, yes. Am I still a smart person? Yes. A Good learner? Yes. Am I still worthy of love and support and respect all the things I thought law school would earn me? YES. That took me months to realize. I wanted it for the vanity, and it’s not about that.